Sunday, April 1, 2018

Sunday April 1st

Nope this is not an April fools joke...as usual Katie beats me at golf...soundly

We went golfing with our friends Al and Bonnie this morning at 7:30. Beautiful morning and little to no wind.

Katie was on fire and shot 41 on the front 9. What did Jim shoot? 46.

Both of us kind of fell apart a bit on the back 9, as this was the first game we have played
this year. Katie shot 50 and so did I.

It was fun though, with good company and nice weather.

Yesterday we went to Bestbuy where I purchased a Roku Express Stick. This was to test whether at some point the box that Spectrum provided is really necessary. It is free for a year but supposed to cost $11.99 a month after that which is ridiculous. At this point in time we can't find out if we are going to have to pay the $11.99 or not as we are on the bulk plan from the park. In theory this should add the rental onto our bill but then take it off again. If I was sure they were going to do that, I wouldn't bother with the Roku, but I can't be sure as Spectrum is handling this whole changeover so badly, and there is a different story from every employee.

At any rate I hooked up the roku, use the Spectrum App and this shows me there is no need for the Spectrum box...all for a one time $29 purchase. I think I will keep it as we will be back in Canada or on a holiday elsewhere, when the free year expires.

On Saturday we also went back to the flea Market, and got another Air Fryer, so that we could bring one back for son Jeff and his girl Cat. We also got a Mandolin Slicer. Because we went earlier there were more stalls open and a lot more people.





and so ends some more great days in the Valley

more later....

1 comment: